Saturday 16 March 2013

Technical Process on the Editing Machine

(The following explanations and snap shots explain the process of super-imposition; this was basically a practice run. For my actual music video I used a medium shot of the male and female model together to reinforce the theme of love between the couple)
To reinforce the narrative of music video in the opening sequence, I planned to super impose an image on top of a clip of model staring into the mirror. This reflective shot gives the audience a personal view of the emotion the audience is feeling.
 

To do this, firstly I had to select the single section of the clip I wanted to extract the image from. This is the image I would alter to then impose on top of a clip. I saved the long shot of the model staring into the mirror as a TIFF file by selecting the file option, then export. I also had to do this process in selecting the image of the male model.



Luckily, the editing suite also had the Adobe Photoshop programme downloaded, meaning all I had to do was open both TIFF files on Photoshop. In order the place the males face into the mirror, I had to alter the size of the image.


To do this I selected file, transform, and scale. By holding the shift key simultaneously to decreasing the image size the picture did not become distorted.

Once I repositioned the image onto the mirror, I then had to make the outside edge of the image less prominent and more "dream like".
 
 
 
Next, I used the blur tool to drag the mouse around the edge of the image of the male model in softening the edges.
 
 After I was happy with my final image, I saved the file as a PMG. Then I went back onto Photoshop and imported the image onto my timeline. Then I simply had to position the clip on top of the previous motion clip.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment