Wednesday 13 March 2013

Process of creating the Digipak Back Cover

Synergy throughout my digipak can be viewed by the use of the distinctive location and natural tone. Therefore it is important the back cover also should be given the same effects as the main front image. This involves blurring the background image to make the model stand out. 
Firstly I recreated an exact replicate of the layer I was already working on; this meant that if for some reason the blur tool did not work with the image I still had a backup plan. 



To make the process quicker, I decided to use the polygon tool to crop around the image and isolate the model from the background image. The screen grab below shows the separation of the model to the image. I then used the Gaussian blur tool on the selection of 5.6 to then re-order the layers panel making the model prominant.


After the background image had been blurred, the next stage was to include text on either side of the model in proportional areas.


I then began to add in the names of the songs I wanted to feature on my music video. I already researched suitable song titles in the post "Research into different song titles". In previous drafts I intended on having these songs listed either side of the model, however now I am unsure as to the overall professional image. I used the font format "Vladmir Script" size 60pt in the colour white with a black drop shadow for the added touches of the text.


I then attempted to reposition the text to the left hand side of the album. This does appear to be more conventional when analysing existing digipak's however, in my opinion makes the rights hand side of the page look too empty.


I then used the website; http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php to create my own personalised barcode for my album. The print screen below is the first draft of my digipak back page after construction.

 
After this first draft, I recognised very important conventional features where missing. For example the image of the music label and a following website branded to the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment