Wednesday 30 January 2013

Fonts for Digipak

During my foundation portfolio I experimented using different font faces from the website www.dafont.com. The website was very useful as it provided fonts which are not accesible using the ordinary Photoshop programme. The main headline on the album and magazine advertisement will clearly be the name of the artist featured in my music video "BrooklynWood"

I really like the font face "Orator Std" for my main headline on the CD cover/album poster promoting the artist.
In terms of the font face for the songs on the back of the digipak itself, I find that calligrific choice are better suited to the genre and theme. However it does mean the text is quite difficult to read, especially in my situation as I have a bold and busy background. Usually a fundamental colour is used like black or white, however both of these basics do not stand out. I am unsure as to whether to experiment






I dont know whether to use "Monotype Corsive" or "Vladmir Script" for the main title on the front of my CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment