Wednesday 14 November 2012

Health and Saftey Assessments

Here are certain Health and Safety issues I should consider for shooting my music video:

A grid seemed to be the most suitable and organised way to present my risk assessment as it gives me easily accessible information when I begin the filming process. During filming I can take this chart with me and rely on the safety precautions stated to ensure the safety of my models and myself. The decision to use the lake location during my music video was well thought out as there are many risks which few can be considered having a serious severity of injury.


Another method of control I will use to improve the risk of indury is by making my model wear suitable boots that have good grip. This reduces both the risks that the model could fall into the lake and trip up onto a hard surface. This should have been included in the above control measures for the hazards presented.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next I had to consider the dangers of my barn location, involving the "break up scene". The severity of the Injury in these assessments are particularly dangerous however as long as precautions are followed during filming the risk should be relatively low. As previously mentioned footwear is very important factor to consider in many health and saftey assessments. Again the models will be wearing appropriate footwear; military boots for the male model and large wellies designed for outdoor activity for the female. Luckily this relates very well to the country style in terms of mise-en-scene making the choice of footwear both practical and well suited.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment