Monday 22 October 2012

Initial Research - Locations

Barmston Farm

Barmston Lane
Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire HU17 0TP
01482 863566
This farm is situated in an ideal location as it is close to my house itself in Beverley therefore easily accessible to film as well as re-shoot in case I encounter any problems with my initial recording. The farm itself is actually a collection of cottages placed in a tranquil park in Woodmansy however I am mainly interested in the outside area of this tourist zone involving the surrounding meadows and the ideal fishing lake. Using this lake I will face health and safety hazards which I definitely need to consider. Also I will need to think about the weather as dark and damp conditions could effect the whole atmosphere and connotation's I want to create to the audience. Following the research into the different locations I could use I will be taking photographs for my own planning and finding out if the location is as useful in reality as it appears on the website. If the location is still ideal and appropriate for my music magazine I will need to write a letter to the land owner requesting their permission to film on their grounds. 


Fields in East Yorkshire

The main location I want to focus on would ideally be flower or oil seed rape fields as they are full of life and colour connoting the natural simplicity of my music video, however unfortuantly this type of plant does not grow during the autumn to winter period therefore there is no way I can use this for my location. Instead I intend to use a grass field in East Yorkshire which are commonly found on nature reserves. This large open space is available to use with requesting permission as it is open to the general public which is a great  advantage. The image below demonstrate how simple and easy it is to find appropriate fields in the East Yorkshire area. I simple typed in on Google maps a near by town (in this example Bishop Burton) and zoomed out to find the nearest area of countryside.


Furrows Farm

On the social networking website Facebook I sent out a request to use any land anyone owns explaining the purpose, fortunately resulting with my old friend Louisa Brumfield offering her farm as she suggested it would be very fitting to the country genre. She also owns a large barn stacked full of haystacks which could be a useful prop for part of my mise-en-scene. Furrows Farm owns animals including horses which again would be ideal to use as horses are mainly associated with the countryside.

Lakes In East Riding 
I figured the most easy and simple way to fnid appropriate areas in the East Riding with lakes would be to search for fishing lakes as these are likely to also have small bridges which could be useful to use in my shots. The following webpage appeared when searching for this specific information showing the many different choices I have as to where my location could be set.



However this still meant there was still a large distance to travel to get to the location (although these lakes would be useful in the context of my music video). To make my findings more specific I researched "Lakes near Beverley" which gave me a starting point to find appropriate locations.

 This gave me many different options of the nearby lakes I could use as a location.


No comments:

Post a Comment