Friday 21 September 2012

Audience feedback from Influential Media Texts



Olivia Bucknall
To gain valuable audience feedback I asked my fellow media student Olivia Bucknall questions regarding the theme of love I am using including: inter-textual references I could include from Romeo and Juliet, the most appropriate choice of setting (green screen or natural environments) and finally the image she imagines when listening to the prelude to the Christina Aguilera song Loves Embrace. My first source of feedback for Olivia was very beneficial and she gave detailed opinions about what I could include in my music video. I especially value and like the idea of using the moon and stars as a night time location to convey the romance during the music video. This would be difficult as the lighting would be poor and may not work however I have definitely taking this response into consideration. The feedback did not help concerning the choice of using a performance or narrative form of video, she stated both would be effective however I could incorporate the inter-textual reference of Romeo and Juliet if I choose to do a narrative. Another gain by using this form is that the story would follow the lyrics better however I would need to put much consideration into the cast, props and setting used. Olivia also agreed with my opinion that I should use a very natural model for my music video with a lack of make up with the costume focusing on the colour white to connote innocence. The locations she suggested was Meadows by a lake or a dark shot by the moonlight. She also stated that i could use green screening during my music video however only if it preserved the continuity and the locations made sense by fitting in together. 

=


Claudia Parker
For my next choice of audience feedback I chose to ask Claudia Parker questions about the influential media texts I  chose to analyse and how she interprets the different messages promoted. Claudia has a very different style of music to Olivia and personal characteristics which allows my feedback to be more broad and show the opinion of different members of my target audience. I could use flowers such as roses during my music video as the form of a prop as Claudia suggested this connoted the concept of love. Olivia and Claudia also gave a similar response that if a narrative form is chosen the context of the song is suited to follow either a happy or sad story line. This is very useful as it gives me flexibility when creating the story board however if I still want to use the inter-textual reference of Romeo and Juliet I need to ensure I follow a sad storyline making the narrative a tragic love story. She also gave valuable feedback when informing me that the costume choice was very important in this context and should definately connote the innocence of the character. I can achieve the look of natural beauty by using "toned down colours" and costumes which reflect the attitude of the model.


Alx Murtaugh
Similarly to my other audience feedback videos Alx said both the colour red and pink mainly symbolise the concept of love and should be used as a central theme during my music video. Expanding on this point I could use props such as large hearts pillows or different flowers consistently during the video to exaggerate the theme of love. She claimed it was conventional for music videos following the narrative to have a happy ending however gave the specific example of the new Carly Ray Jepson video which is very successful showing alternate endings can make a statement about the video and breaking conventions can work. I also found useful the opinions she gave about the different locations I could useful which promote the ideology of natural simplicity for example fields in the countryside. Her statement about the locations I could use involving green screening was beneficial as she stated the same idea I had that it could ruin continuity and affect the whole natural concept I am trying to promote during the music video.



No comments:

Post a Comment